Best Vaporizers 2019, the Ultimate Buying Guide
With the recent cases of marijuana legalization across the globe, an increasing number of people are now turning to vaping. For many years, inhaling smoke via a bong or consuming cannabis via a joint were the ideal options adopted by many people.
However, for the past few decades, all this has changed with more people realizing the importance of vaping over the traditional smoking techniques. Vaporizers have evolved from the massive desktop vaporizers to the now compact, portable vaporizers that can heat the concentrate or herb without causing smoke or combustion. As a result, you end up inhaling a vapor that is less harsh on your lungs.
Vaporizers has not been left behind by technology. This can be evidenced by the now modern vaping devices that comes with complete temperature control systems allowing you to customize your vaping sessions fully. Amazingly, some vaporizers have been integrated in such a way that they can be controlled via a smartphone app.
Whether you are a newbie or a seasoned vaper, you will agree with me that getting the best herbal vaporizer can be overwhelming. This is even worse if you don’t understand what you are looking for in a vaporizer. It is for this reason that we have decided to come up with this guide to help you understand how a vaporizer work and also some of the best vaporizers in Canada.
What Is A Dry Herb Vaporizer?
Or weed vaporizer is a vaping device designed to heat concentrates or herbs. They are usually two types of vaporizers; desktop and portable vaporizers.
How exactly does a vaporizer work?
Vaporizers work by heating the marijuana to a temperature that is warm enough to vaporize the herbs, but still not hot enough to cause combustion. As a result, the herbs give off a vapour rather than smoke. This means that, instead of inhaling smoke, you end up inhaling the vapor. This is what makes vaping a much better option as compared to smoking.
The most important thing to note here is that, although vaporizers come in different sizes, shapes, and styles, they all work under the same principle. Their primary function is to use heat or electricity to heat the herbs or concentrates as described above. The vapour produced is then transported through a tube, to your mouth via the mouthpiece.
Parts of a Vaporizer
Here are some of the essential components of a vaporizer:
Also known as the ‘oven,’ this is the part where the herbs are inserted for heating purposes. Depending on the vaporizer, the shape, size as well as the location of the oven may vary. However, best vaporizers are designed in such a way that the herbs are heated from different sides hence maximizing the air flow through the material.
While some vaporizers plug directly into the socket, most of the modern portable vaporizers come with rechargeable batteries allowing you to vape on the go.
This is the part that you insert into your mouth while taking the inhales. They come in different styles and designs ranging from the small glass or rubber pathways to inflatable bags that can fill up with the vapour for multiple inhalations.
Most of the modern vaping devices come with temperature control systems. This allows you to vape at a certain temperature for the desired results.
Most of the vaping devices usually come with swabs, small brushes, and replacement parts.
When it comes to choosing the best vaporizer, it is crucial that you consider how the device heats up the herbs. They are typically two heating methods as explained below;
In this heating method, there is direct contact between the heated surface and the herbs. While vaping marijuana, you place your herbs on the heated surface (metal). Once the surface is warm enough, the herbs begin vaporizing giving out that delicious vapor that you so much love.
However, experts argue that this heating method is not the best for weed. This is because it is hard to regulate the device’s temperature as well as its inability to distribute the heat efficiently.
- They are simple in designs hence more affordable
- Heats up the herb quickly, allowing you to enjoy the flavor almost immediately after switching on the device (for modern vaporizers)
- High combustion risk. This is because the herbs are in direct contact with the heating plate.
- Hard to regulate the temperatures, hence not ideal for new users.
- Uneven distribution of heat which means that you have to shake the herbs between hits. This is because the herbs get heated only when they make contact with the heating element.
This heating method involves passing heated air over the herbs. When the air is warm enough, it is passed over the plant material where it heats up the herbs converting the terpenes and cannabinoids into vapor.
The advantage of this heating method is that it reaches all the herb materials simultaneously, hence more effective than conduction.
- Precise temperature control than the conduction vaporizers.
- Reduced combustion risk since there is no direct contact between the heating element and the herbs.
- Come in complicated designs, hence more expensive than conduction vaporizers.
- Takes longer to heat up since the herbs are not in direct contact with the heating element.
Best Vaporizers 2019
Now that we know how a vaporizer work, in this section, we will be talking about some of the best vaporizers in Canada as well as across the globe. Are you a busy person who simply don’t have the time to go looking and experimenting with all the vaporizers in the stores? Then this section is for you!
- Volcano: If you are looking for a desktop vaporizer, then this device by the Storz and Bickel will blow your mind. Known as the best vaporizer in the world, the volcano is made of high-quality materials to ensure that it gives you longer and quality services.
Whether you go for the Classic or Digital version, this vaporizer remains the best.
According to user’s reviews, this vaporizer is well built, produces unique hits and vapor, and is very easy to use.
Thinking of a group reunion? Worry no more as this vape device got you covered!
- Firefly 2 Dry herb and Concentrates Vaporizer: Going for $329.95 only, this device gives you value for your money. Not only is it elegant and easy to use, but also comes with simple, clean lines. The Firefly 2 comes in 6 different sleek colors; oak, zebra wood, blue, black, jet black, and white. It also comes in different styles and designs for your taste and desire.
The Firefly 2 also comes with two rechargeable batteries to ensure that you can vape on the go. In addition, the device also comes with A USB 3.0 cable, a cleaning kit, 3 concentrate pads, and a charging dock.
The unique thing about the Firefly 2 is its ability to heat up in a record time of 3 seconds, delivering the most powerful, smoothest and unique, flavourful hits. The device also has a wide temperature range hence allowing you to extract different flavors from your herbs or concentrates. Looking for an amazing vaping experience? Check out the new Firefly 2 and vape like a pro!
- Pulsar APX Wax Vaporizer: If you are looking for discreet vaping, then this 3.5 inches tall APZ Wax Vaporizer is for you! The device by Pulsar comes with unadulterated tripe quartz rod chamber which is more effective than most other vaporizers. In addition, this vaping device comes with a powerful 1100mAh lithium battery that allows you to vape for up to 1.5 hours on a single charge.
Though small, the device feels strong in your hands, comes with highly responsive buttons and brilliant LED lights. It has also been equipped with a unique mouthpiece that fits cozily on the atomizer. When it comes to the design, the Pulsar APX has a pleasant look and a smooth finish. The device comes in five distinct colors; Blue, Black, THC Element, Black Out Edition, and Silver.
Though small, this device comes with a 3 Quartz Coil atomizer, hence providing large and denser clouds of vapor.
- Davinci Miqro Red Herb Vaporizer:
Our list of top herb vaporizers cannot be complete without mentioning the Davinci Miqro Red Herb Vaporizer. Included in this package is a USB charging cable, accessory kit, and an extended mouthpiece.
Guided by technology and innovation, the device comes with a zirconium ceramic vapor path which works together with the mouthpiece to ensure that you get the purest vapor.
The unique thing about this device is that you can quickly change from SMART paths to precision temperature control. With this device, you can easily customize your vaping session.
As if that is not enough, this vaporizer allows you to use less herb while at the same time getting the desired dose. Unlike most other vaping devices, the Micro Red allows you to adjust the size of the oven by up to 50%.
As you can see, there is so much to vaporizers than just vaping. If you don’t know this yet, your vaping experience will be highly influenced by the gadgets that you use. Others best vaporizers include the Boundless CF Dry Herb Vaporizer, the Air Vape XS Dry Herb Vaporizer, and the Yocan Evolve Plus.
Thinking of replacing or getting a new vaporizer? The market is now flooded with vaporizers. While some are good, others are just not to standard. It therefore pays to do as much background research as possible before going out there to buy that ‘ideal’ vaporizer.